ATI Metal Walk, 5K, and Chili Cook-off & Tasting raises $30,000+ for ATI Foundation
This Saturday, over 800 people participated in the 2013 ATI Metal Walk, 5K, and Chili Cook-off & Tasting at Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, Del. The event raised over $30,000 to help children with physical impairments.
At the event, the ATI Foundation gave out over $10,000 to support four beneficiaries. In addition, the Foundation teamed up with Preston’s March for Energy to present an adaptive bicycle to a child in need. The organization was able to provide financial resources to the following individuals and their families…
- Riley, age 5 from Newark, DE, who is awaiting a double-lung transplant. The Foundation provided a grant to assist with medical expenses toward the double-lung transplant surgery.
- Yeika, age 5 from Wilmington, DE, who suffers from a traumatic brain injury. The Foundation provided a grant to assist with the purchase of a wheelchair lift for the family’s van.
- Amber, age 13 from New Castle, DE, who has cerebral palsy. The Foundation provided a grant to assist with the purchase of installation of a barrier free lift for the family home.
- Jose, age 18 from Greenwood, DE who has seizure disorder and cardiomyopathy. The Foundation provided a grant to assist with the purchase of a static stander to help with his balance and physical therapy sessions.
- Andrew, age 6 from Wilmington, DE who has spina bifida. The Foundation purchased a hand cycle in conjunction with Preston’s march that allows him to use a bicycle for therapy, exercise, and fun.
The event also featured a 5K race around the Wilmington riverfront area. To see full list results, visit the Nova Timing Systems website. Winners included…
- James Diiienno, from Avondale, PA, 17:14
- Matthew Cutrona, from Wilmington, DE, 17:25
- David Henninger, from Newark, DE, 17:46
- Kirsten Belair, from Wilmington, DE, 18:27
- Sara Stephens, from Milton, DE, 22:36
- Erin Graves, from Dover, DE, 23:00
After runners and walkers finished the run portion of the day, they enjoyed the 2013 Chili Cook-off & Tasting. Our celebrity judging panel included former Phillies player Greg Luzinski and CBS-3 Philly news anchor Natasha Brown. Results from the Chili Cook-off and Tasting were as follows…
People’s Choice Award: Charm City Chili
- 1st place: Charm City Chili
- 2nd place: Sean Kelly
- 3rd place: King of the Beach
Congratulations to all of our winners and participants, and thank you for your support!