ATI Physical Therapy Acquires 22 Clinics in Michigan
ATI Physical Therapy has nearly doubled its presence in Michigan with the acquisition of 22 new clinics. Dwight Orthopedic Rehabilitation Company and its affiliated partners officially joined the ATI family on December 6, 2013.
With this acquisition, ATI now operates 54 clinics in Michigan. Once all clinics transition to the ATI name in early 2014, ATI Physical Therapy will be the largest physical therapy provider in Michigan operating under a unified name.
Patients will continue to enjoy the same personalized care they have come to expect from Dwight Orthopedic Rehabilitation. Approximately 150 Dwight employees are joining the ATI staff.
“Dwight Orthopedic is a perfect fit for ATI,” said Brent Mack, PT, chief clinical operations officer, ATI Physical Therapy. “Our goal is to provide an outstanding physical therapy experience like no other, and the team from Dwight has the same goal. We look forward to joining forces to continue helping patients get better while enjoying themselves in physical therapy.”
ATI Physical Therapy entered the Michigan market in August 2013 with the acquisition of Michigan Rehabilitation Specialists, Excel Rehabilitation Services, and Quantum Physical Therapy.
“The Dwight clinic locations complement our existing Michigan footprint in Southeastern Michigan,” said Rodney Goble, MPT, senior vice president of operations, ATI Physical Therapy. “By combining our shared resources, knowledge and community relationships, ATI is now poised to be the physical therapy leader in Michigan and deliver top-quality care to thousands of Michigan residents.”
About Dwight Orthopedic Rehabilitation Company
With a history dating back to 1984, Dwight Orthopedic Rehabilitation Company has steadily expanded throughout southeastern Michigan through new clinic growth and affiliated partnerships. In addition to physical therapy and occupational therapy, 14 of the clinics offer hand therapy, and aquatic therapy is available at 15 clinics.
“We have always been proud of the care we provide to patients, physicians and the communities we serve,”said Bill Dwight, PT, owner of Dwight Orthopedic Rehabilitation. “ATI offers exceptional programs and resources and is managed by therapists. They share our belief that great care offered and directed by clinicians is the best model now and for the future.”
The deal includes 14 Dwight Orthopedic Rehab clinics in Madison Heights, Lake Orion, Keego Harbor, Canton, Clinton Township, Wixom, Farmington, Redford Charter Township, Shelby Township, Clarkston, North Branch, West Bloomfield and Detroit.
Affiliated clinics that were acquired include: East Metro Physical Therapy in Clinton Township, Monroe Physical Therapy in Monroe, Uzniz Physical Therapy in Detroit, HealthStyles Physical Rehabilitation in South Lyon and Howell, Wagner Physical Therapy in Marlette, T. Herrlinger & Associates in Dexter, Bedford Physical Therapy in Lambertville, and Michigan Spine & Orthopedic Rehab in Ypsilanti.
About ATI Physical Therapy
ATI Physical Therapy specializes in physical therapy, work conditioning/hardening, hand therapy, aquatic therapy, sports medicine, and women’s health. With corporate offices in Bolingbrook, Illinois, ATI operates over 300 clinics in ten states: Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Named “Best Physical Therapy Practice in the Nation” by ADVANCE magazine, ATI is one of the first physical therapy companies in the country to be awarded URAC Core Accreditation, a mark of distinction that recognizes ATI’s commitment to quality health care.
ATI began with one clinic in Willowbrook, IL in 1996. The practice has continued to flourish by distinguishing itself in the industry and continually improving and expanding its services. A few examples:
- The largest employer of athletic trainers in the nation, ATI’s Sports Medicine program provides on-site athletic training services for universities, high schools, clubs, and professional athletic teams.
- The F.I.R.S.T. ™ work conditioning program has successfully returned more than 10,000 injured workers to their careers over the past 10 years, earned international recognition for its results, and has been published in over 35 studies.
- Unique in the industry, ATI has a dedicated in-house Research Department to improve rehabilitation outcomes through basic science, transitional research, and evidence-based medicine.
- ATI’s proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform uses standardized clinical tools (pre, concurrent, and post-treatment) to inform treatment planning and post-discharge. Aggregate EMR data is used for research studies and clinical quality improvement.
- ATI remains committed to giving back to local and global communities. The ATI Foundation, a non-profit organization, provides funding and resources to physically impaired children. ATI MissionWorks supports healthcare mission trips worldwide in areas where there is a need.
For more information or to make an appointment at ATI Physical Therapy, please visit www.ATIpt.com or call 1-855-MY-ATIPT.
# # #