ATI Physical Therapy Expands into Michigan with the Acquisition of 32 New Clinics
ATI Physical Therapy is expanding into Michigan with the acquisition of Michigan Rehabilitation Specialists (MRS). MRS, which was a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners, has 32 locations across southern Michigan and Traverse City. The acquisition includes MRS’s partners Excel Rehabilitation Services and Quantum Physical Therapy.
“We’re thrilled to welcome the MRS team to ATI. MRS is the number one choice for physical therapy in Michigan,” said Brent Mack, Chief Clinical Operations Officer, ATI Physical Therapy. “With the support and resources of ATI, these clinics will continue to thrive and positively impact the lives of more individuals in Michigan.”
Patients can expect many of the same friendly faces. Over 300 MRS, Excel and Quantum staff members are joining ATI. The clinics will gradually adopt the ATI Physical Therapy name over the next three to nine months.
“We welcome the opportunities ahead with like-minded professionals at ATI, who put the patient’s needs first and foremost. Together, we will continue to provide the best physical therapy available in the State of Michigan, along with more resources for our local communities than ever before,” said Rodney Goble, President & CEO, Michigan Rehabilitation Specialists and Partner, ATI Physical Therapy.
ATI Physical Therapy is a nationally-recognized provider of orthopedic rehabilitation services specializing in physical therapy, work conditioning/hardening, hand therapy, aquatic therapy, sports medicine, and women’s health. With corporate offices in Bolingbrook, Illinois, ATI operates over 250 clinics in eight states: Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
“Our expansion into Michigan is an investment in the future of ATI Physical Therapy,” said Dylan Bates, President and Chief Operations Officer, ATI Physical Therapy. “With the changing healthcare landscape, diversifying into new states strengthens our practice and provides more growth opportunities for our staff members.”
Recognized for exceptional results, the motivating staff at ATI provides personalized treatment plans in an upbeat and fun atmosphere. The state-of-the-art clinics are welcoming and attractive. ATI provides complimentary injury screenings, transportation services for those with medical need, and new appointments within 48 hours.
“Along with MRS, Excel was already the most effective physical therapy provider in Michigan. Now with ATI at our side, we have leaped ahead to where we wanted to be five years from now. I couldn’t be more excited about the new opportunities we have for our patients,” said Roger Goble, Co-founder of Excel Rehabilitation Services and Partner, ATI Physical Therapy.
ATI began with one clinic in Willowbrook, IL in 1996. The practice has continued to flourish by distinguishing itself in the industry and continually improving and expanding its services. A few examples:
- The largest employer of athletic trainers in the nation, ATI’s Sports Medicine program provides on-site athletic training services for universities, high schools, clubs, and professional athletic teams.
- The F.I.R.S.T. ™ work conditioning program has successfully returned more than 10,000 injured workers to their careers over the past 10 years, earned international recognition for its results, and has been published in over 35 studies.
- Unique in the industry, ATI has a dedicated in-house Research Department to improve rehabilitation outcomes through basic science, transitional research, and evidence-based medicine.
- ATI’s proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platform uses standardized clinical tools (pre, concurrent, and post-treatment) to inform treatment planning and post-discharge. Aggregate EMR data is used for research studies and clinical quality improvement.
- ATI remains committed to giving back to local and global communities. The ATI Foundation, a non-profit organization, provides funding and resources to physically impaired children. ATI MissionWorks supports healthcare mission trips worldwide in areas where there is a need.
Named “Best Physical Therapy Practice in the Nation” by ADVANCE magazine, ATI is one of the first physical therapy companies in the country to be awarded URAC Core Accreditation, a mark of distinction that recognizes ATI’s commitment to quality health care.
For more information or to make an appointment at ATI Physical Therapy, please visit www.ATIpt.com or call 1-855-MY-ATIPT.