ATI Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Wins National Athletic Trainers’ Association Award
ATI Physical Therapy’s Sports Medicine department is the recipient of the 2012 “Best Grass Roots Effort” award for public relations efforts during National Athletic Training Month (NATM) in March. The National Athletic Trainers’ Association and its PR Committee honored ATI at the District Four meeting during the NATA Convention in St. Louis, MO.
- Distribution of campaign flyers and posters around local communities - ATI was able to reach thousands of people who now understand the important role athletic trainers play in saving lives of athletes nationwide.
- Utilizing media promotions, graphic presentations and social networking - Target audiences included physicians, private sport clubs, professional teams, middle schools, high schools, colleges, teachers, coaches, school staff, athletes’ parents, athletes’ families, physical therapy patients and their families.
- Local blood drives – Both employee and community supported.
- Media Campaign - Social networking, websites, government proclamations and local media outlets were utilized. Two articles were published including the Sun-Times Lifestyles’ “Sports Injury Prevention featuring Athletic Trainers and NATM,” and Chicago Tribune’s “Health and Fitness Section: ATI Sports Medicine Celebrates NATM.”
- 2,500 mini medical kits - Kits were imprinted with “Athletic Trainers Save Lives” and handed out at local sporting events throughout the Midwest and East Coast.
- Clinic Support – Over 150 ATI Physical Therapy clinics promoted National Athletic Training Month with in-clinic bulletin boards and educational brochures highlighting athletic training.
“Our sports medicine department did a fantastic job spreading information and awareness about the role of certified athletic trainers,” said Jason Pequette, senior director of sports medicine at ATI Physical Therapy. “All members of ATI Sports Medicine were involved, and placed the focus of their efforts not only on educating, but making a difference in the communities we serve.”
ATI Physical Therapy is one of the largest employers of certified athletic trainers in the country, providing on-site sports medicine services for over 140 universities, high schools, clubs, and professional athletic teams nationwide. ATI’s certified athletic trainers work at all levels of sports, and are experts at preventing, evaluating, diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating injuries.
ATI Physical Therapy is a nationally-recognized provider of orthopedic rehabilitation services specializing in physical therapy, sports medicine, work conditioning/hardening, hand therapy, aquatic therapy, and women’s health. With corporate offices in Bolingbrook, Illinois, ATI currently operates over 160clinics nationwide. Founded in 1996, ATI has been named “Best Physical Therapy Practice in the Nation” by Advance Rehab Magazine and has achieved URAC Core Accreditation, a mark of distinction that recognizes ATI’s commitment to quality health care.
For a complete list of ATI’s sports medicine affiliations, clinic locations and services, visit www.ATIpt.com. Or, contact Jason Pequette at 630-296-2222, extension 7181.
For more information about the athletic training profession, visit the National Athletic Trainers’ Association website at www.NATA.org.