Former Phillies player Greg Luzinski to officially kick-off the 2013 ATI Foundation Metal Walk
On Saturday, November 9, hundreds of people will gather to enjoy the ATI Metal Walk, 5K, and Chili Cook-off & Tasting at Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, Del. All proceeds from the event benefit the ATI Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial help to children with physical impairments.
This year’s event features…
- A 1K and 3K course around the warning track at Frawley Stadium for the “ATI Metal Walk,” an event that celebrates individuals who have overcome joint replacement
- Former Phillies player Greg Luzinski, a joint replacement patient who will officially kick-off the 2013 Metal Walk
- A flat and fast 5K course around the Wilmington Riverfront for runners and walkers alike
- CBS 3 Philadelphia news anchor Natasha Brown, who will be a guest judge for the Chili Cook-off & Tasting
- Over ten of the best chili cooks on the East Coast, facing off for the title of “Best Chili Cook” in our 2013 Chili Cook-Off & Tasting
- Live music from Cherry Bomb, a Delaware-based band featuring a unique mix of rock and R&B
- Beneficiary presentations to two Delawareans, a six-year-old with spina bifida from Wilmington and a teenage patient at ATI Physical Therapy from Southern Delaware
Registration opens at 9 a.m., and the Metal Walk and 5K begin shortly after 10 a.m. The Chili Cook-Off & Tasting opens at 11 a.m., and all festivities conclude by 1 p.m. Registration for the Metal Walk and/or 5K is $35, and registration for the Chili Cook-off & Tasting only is $10. For more information, visit our ATI Foundation event page.